I am nomad. Hear me roar.

_____________________________________________

Monday 10 January 2011

NYE Night Clubbing

Protective arms encircled me whenever I was in danger of toppling due to the rough movements of the dancers around me. At one stage it became more mosh than rave, the arms held me steady. The body that accompanied the arms, rocked and swayed, at one with mine, at one with the beat, and the music, and the crowd.

On stage, showgirls in yukata style mini dresses, vogued their way through the dance tracks. The intense violet of the club's black lights mesmerised, as it played strangely on the bright red and gold of their costumes. Their blank bored expressions, contrasting the atmosphere of the entire club. An atmosphere that was jovial but frantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment