I am nomad. Hear me roar.

_____________________________________________

Thursday 13 October 2011

Noodles. Make. Everything. Better.

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of some noodles.

It is distinctly possible you have noticed that Daylight Savings makes me a bit cranky, or more than a bit cranky, to tell the truth it turns me into a complete Cranky McCranky-pants. Actually it's worse than that, if Cranky McCranky-Pants and Snappy McSnap-Snap had a love child, you would not only get the weirdest hyphenated surname on Earth but you would also get me, during Daylight Savings. Every year at this time, the government rolls forward our lives an hour, and throws my body clock into chaos. You would think my body would adapt, after all it happens every single year, but no, it never does. It feels like jet-lag, it feels like I've been waking up at 5am every day for a week, and I am not, I repeat, not a morning person. 

Today, I had a crappy day to boot. 

However, this year I have discovered there is a cure. 

Noodles. 

Noodles, it turns out, make everything better. 

Noodles, more specifically, eaten outdoors in the middle of Hyde Park at the Night Noodle Markets which make up part of the Crave Sydney International Food Festival.  Sitting under the fairy lights, with my noodles, a crisp bottle of vino, add some engaging conversation with some excellent people, and the infectious drumming that accompanies a Chinese dragon, and I can, if only just, find it in my heart to forgive the government for stealing my hour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment