I am nomad. Hear me roar.

_____________________________________________

Saturday 11 September 2010

Reckless Drinking

When everyone was dressed, pressed, and looking fabulous,we went out.

We misplaced Lex somewhere between the balcony and the front door, but the rest of us headed out in the direction of Umeda, because Ink was there with his chickadee. When we arrived the group seemed to lack direction, so following my stomach as always, I set a course in the direction of quesadillas, and the only watering hole I knew in the area, Captain Kangaroo.

Ink dropped in for 5 seconds to meet and greet, but left quickly. Minutes later, we lost the Magnet due to another terminal bout of girl trouble.

The night continued to roll on however, with the reduced numbers of Rufty, CQ, Yours Truly and some random American pilot that Ol' Reckless had befriended. Our random acquisition was a bit odd, but he bought us drinks, so who are we to judge?

The night tumbled on with many a beer and it became my turn to make friends, this time, with the bar-wench as it so happened to be, which somehow resulted in free shots later in the night. The shots were a bad idea. A very bad idea, but as it is rude to look a gift horse in the mouth, so too is it rude to knock back free Jägermeister. So down the hatch it went. I would like to be able to say that I remained completely lady-like at this point, and in this intense state of inebriation, but I can't, so I won't.

Thanks to CQ, we did get all the way home in a cab eventually, and I awoke the next day fully clothed and feeling very sorry for myself.

Shame. Shame. Shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment