I am nomad. Hear me roar.

_____________________________________________

Wednesday 20 October 2010

Doctor Fish

As of today I can now cross 'Have feet eaten by Doctor Fish ' off my Bucket List. It's been on the list for a while now but until today I never really had the opportunity to remedy it.

So today when I was walking down the main street of Naha, and I spied a souvenir shop with a shallow tank in front advertising 10 minutes for 500 yen, I jumped at the opportunity. It is the oddest sensation to have the tiny little fish chow down on the dead skin cells all over the surface of your feet, in fact, it is revolting if you think too hard about it. I mean really, they are eating little dead bits of you, right from off your own body. If you think too hard about it, you want to rip your limbs from the tank and run screaming for the hills.

Good thing I've never really been much of a thinker, and if results are what you are after these little fish are a winner. Even after only 10 minutes there is a notable difference to my tired old, travel worn tootsies. Granted they are not perfectly exfoliated however had I given the piscean marvels another ten or twenty minutes I'd bet they would have been. Definitely an experience worth having.

No comments:

Post a Comment