I am nomad. Hear me roar.

_____________________________________________

Wednesday 7 October 2015

Captain Obvious - Pearls of Wisdom

I'm sure I've said this before, but I'm notoriously bad at keeping New Years Resolutions. I think I've actually only ever managed to achieve my resolution once and you know what the sad thing is, if I do manage to keep it, it's usually a fantastic year. The one year I can actively remember keeping my resolution was a wonderful year, I had resolved to smile more, simple but effective. For many of my formative years, my grin had been marred by the incidence of incredibly crooked teeth, followed by an aeon with a mouth full of corrective implements. As such, I had all but ceased smiling openly, and this one year I decided that that was going to change.


I was resolved.


I smiled.


The world smiled back, and it was one of the best years of my life.


My father, Captain Obvious, once said on the topic of my blogging, "If you can't not write, then you're a writer". Now, rose by any other would still smell as bleeding obvious, but at the same time, as much as it may pain me, I have to give him a little credit for this one.


I know it's not New Years Eve or even the start of Blogtober anymore but, I am resolved.


I will write.


The world will write back, and it will be one of the best years of my life.

Now if I could only stop writing self-indulgent bullshit like this I might have a blog worth reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment