I am nomad. Hear me roar.

_____________________________________________

Saturday 25 December 2010

Christmas Wrap

Christmas has exploded all over Japan and it's, well, it's empty.

The trees are up, the windows are dressed, the carols are being played on repeat in Uniqlo, but the feeling is just not there. Japan has the look, there is just no gooey Christmas filled centre. It's a bit like cracking open an M&M and finding only hollow candy shell, it's sweet, but still lacking in substance.

I wrote the above about four hours ago, and had all but given up on finding true Christmas spirit here in Japan, I was planning on returning home and finishing the post about how Christmas over here, is not like Christmas at all, that it is more like Valentine's Day in sexy Santa suits.

However, just as I was walking out the door at work, a complete stranger glances up, gives me the biggest cheesiest grin, and wishes me a "Merry Christmas".

That's all it takes, instant Christmas spirit.

Merry Christmas Everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment