I am nomad. Hear me roar.

_____________________________________________

Wednesday 5 October 2011

Did I ever tell you about the time I got sneezed on by a camel?

It was decidedly green. I'm usually a big fan of green, in fact it's my favourite colour, but in this particular instance I could have done without it. It was disgusting, and foul, and mortifying, and all happened on the camel tour I took when I was in The Red Centre earlier in the year.

This was the camel.
I had never ridden a camel before, and was quite excited at the prospect, pre-sneezing anyway. Post sneeze, the camels, despite their pretty eyes and long lashes seemed to lose a little bit of their charm. Even though, one of them, according to the tour guide, was a world record holder and another was a star of the silver screen, having acted alongside Hugh Jackman in "Australia". After the incident of the sneeze they just lacked the same lustre.

Still, the sunset was beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment