I am nomad. Hear me roar.

_____________________________________________

Saturday 15 October 2011

Meet my Id

This is the Warrior Woman.

She was named by Captain Obvious after an incident in a hospital where an idiotic woman threatened the comfort of someone I care very deeply about. I almost killed her. Had she not had the power to remove me from the hospital, revoking my visiting privileges, I probably would have. As it was though, I didn't lay a hand on her.

She is the id, the super hero alter ego, the section of my psyche that's all sub-conscious, sharp and saucy. She's never had a face before, this one comes courtesy of Marvel Comics where you can build your own super hero, and it's a very fitting one, even if I do say so myself.

You might at this point be thinking I'm a bit crazy, to be identifying and naming different aspects of my personality separately, but it's not as uncommon as you might think. For example, almost every aspect of super hero pop culture is founded on this idea. From the most obvious, like Batman, to the more obscure, like The Maxx, the genre is based on this idea. Bruce Wayne, Bruce Banner, Peter Parker, Hal Jordan, Tony Stark, just to name a few of the most recently popular, all giving a persona to their ids to protect their loved ones from the world. So too it is with Little Girl Lost.

Also, it's fun, and I have wings. After all, even BeyoncĂ© has Sasha Fierce.

No comments:

Post a Comment