I am nomad. Hear me roar.

_____________________________________________

Sunday 30 October 2011

Did I ever tell you about the time I rode a Harley Davidson?

We rode out to a giant sand dune. It was on my last full day at the Red Centre.

The isolation of the area is abundantly apparent, once you are outside of the resort and the main tourist areas. From the dune there is almost 360 degrees of nothing, expansive desert and neverending sky, punctuated only by Kata Tjuta and Uluru. A magnificent nothing. 

I can only imagine that the feeling of isolation must compound a thousand fold when it all dies off. At the moment the area is teeming with life due to the incredibly unusual volume of rain they have been experiencing here. Without the green, it would be simply desolate but still majestic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment