I am nomad. Hear me roar.

_____________________________________________

Sunday 9 October 2011

Of Mice and Men aka Blogtoberfest Day 9

Yesterday I had the wonderful idea of going to Paddy's Markets. I had two reasons for going, the first of which  was to get a new phone cover, I have recently acquired an iPhone 4 (I know, I'm a bit behind the times on this one) and wanted to funk it up a little, make it 'mine'. Secondly, I wanted a good opportunity to practice with my brother's camera which I have been borrowing since the demise of Sophie.

With this idea and my two goals in mind, I got up early, well, early for me on a Saturday anyway, and headed out, took a few photos on the way, which I've shared previously and promptly missed this train. 
Presently, there was another one along, I managed to catch, that in time deposited me at Central Station  from which I walked down to the markets. From that moment on however, I failed. Failed in my attempts to find the perfect case for my little phone, and failed in taking any good photos in the markets. I could blame the vendors, I suppose, for not having any cases I found attractive and for not letting me take pictures (which is a very anti-tourist attitude I might add) or I could blame the fluorescent lighting that gave everything an unnatural pallor and bounced off every single even slightly reflective surface in the place, but I won't.

Instead, I will just sigh. The best laid schemes of mice and men, go oft awry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment