I am nomad. Hear me roar.

_____________________________________________

Friday 14 October 2011

Did I ever tell you about the time I walked into a lightsaber duel in Kobe?

Really.

In February, on our way from Osaka to Sapporo, some friends and I stopped in Kobe overnight. After dinner and checking out Chinatown there, we went for a stroll through a park down by the docks there. We were just bumming around, minding our own business, climbing up a ridge of stairs when we walked straight onto a battlefield. A lightsaber battlefield, complete with glowing blades and sound effects. It was one of the most surreal things I have ever seen. There they were, the duellers, three of them to be precise, dressed like extras from The Matrix, just having at each other as if The Empire depended on it, and there we were.

Dumbfounded.

1 comment: