I am nomad. Hear me roar.

_____________________________________________

Tuesday 31 May 2011

Flying Out

There's a quote from the BBC television adaptation of Pride and Prejudice, it's the adaptation that contains that lake scene, you know the one I mean, that lake scene where Colin Firth manages to combine period drama and white T-shirt contests, and come off dreamy, but that's slightly off topic.

Long before that scene, there is a quote, spoken by Elizabeth after leaving Netherfield, having stayed there for a few days. She turns to Jane and says "I'm sorry to say it, but notwithstanding your excellent Mr Bingley, I have never been so happy to leave a place in my life". Elizabeth utters this phrase with an expression of such relief and fervour, and with only slight alteration sums up my feelings exactly. My time in the Whitsundays has been such an ordeal, with such a seemingly unnecessary amount of stress, the only redeeming factor being a few friends made. Now, as I fly out and back to Sydney, I have only one thought;

I'm sorry to say it, but notwithstanding the excellent people I have met, I have never been so happy to leave a place in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment